Sculpting Team Registration
Snowscapes Rules and Information
Teams of 3-5 members may compete
Participants aged 15-17 are welcome with parental approval and at least 3 teammates who are over 18
Participating minors also accepted through school affiliation with adult supervision on-site
Experienced soloists will be considered
All team members will be required to sign a liability waiver
Snowscapes will provide a blank snow block of either 6’x6’x8’ or 8’x8’x8’ and water to use for sculpting.
Teams will have 4 full days to carve their sculptures using hand tools
No colorants allowed
No power tools allowed except for a power drill and stirring bit that will be made available for teams to mix snow for patching and fixing and a grinder made available for sharpening tools
Ice accents may be used - must not be more than 5% of sculpture
Further guidelines & tips on tools will be sent to competing teams
Out-of-town teams may qualify for benefits on lodging - please contact for details if you have not already done so. All teams will receive complimentary breakfast, lunch, and tea/coffee service on sculpting days.
- Have fun and use your imagination!
- This is a family friendly event, please refrain from political subjects or explicit nudity
- Provide up to three simple line drawings of your proposed sculpture that are at least 5”x5”
- Photos of 3D mockups accepted in addition to sketch
- Please submit materials in JPG or PDF form if submitting via e-mail